Davis grew around a Southern Pacific Railroad depot built in 1868. It was then known as "Davisville," named after Jerome C. Davis, a prominent local farmer. However, the post office at Davisville shortened the town name simply to "Davis" in 1907. The name stuck and the city of Davis was incorporated on March 28, 1917.
Davisville Hunt House
Area: Yolo (Davis)
Year: circa 1905
Back row: far right in uniform is Tracy Hoag
Middle row: middle player holding a face mask is Ollie Hoag