Sites, a tiny town located about 10 miles west of Maxwell, was founded in the 1860’s by John Sites. Two of his sons and a nephew are in the team picture below. The team was not in a league and played independent games throughout Colusa and Glenn Counties in the late teens through early 1920s.
Sites town team
Area: Colusa (Sites)
Year: circa 1920
Left to right: Henry Sites, Allen Wages, Earl Pence, Galedy Prime, Bud Nordyke, Earl Nordyke, Roy Sherrin, Floyd Sites, Byron Sites